It’s reading season, and I am issuing a challenge to you for 2018! I hope you take me up on it.
Listed below are categories of books to get you going; these are categories that are fun, interesting and may push you to read books outside your usual genres.
Reading can bring great pleasure, particularly when we are home bound during wintry weather. Add a cup of tea and you’re off on a new adventure!
As we have all experienced, reading can both transfix and transform us, along with opening up your consciousness to new topics.
- Read a humorous book;
- Read a book about food or the culinary arts;
- Read a book of Science Fiction;
- Read a book of poetry;
- Read a book of short stories;
- Read a biography or autobiography;
- Read a book written by a Native American;
- Read a book set in another country or city;
- Read a children’s book;
- Read a Pulitzer Prize winning author;
- Read a book by author Toni Morrison;
- Read a book that has been on a shelf too long;
- Read a book by an author your age
I’m in the process of compiling my list, but below are two books that I’ve recently read.
I’m willing to wager that once we finish this challenge, we will be all the more wealthy.
“Reading gives us some place to go when we have to stay where we are.” – Mason Cooley