Since my last quarterly recap, I have been ultra busy.
Here’s what I’ve been doing:
THEATER, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, TRAVEL, OUTINGS, BOOK LAUNCHES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, Oh My!
- I and a group of friends took in “Leavings,” an outstanding theater production written by playwright Gail Parrish! This is one of those works that have you immersed in deep thinking long after you’ve seen it;
- Attended Chicago’s Steppenwolf the play “Fundamentals.” This work humorously examines the world of Upward Mobility for women;
- I enrolled in a six week photography class offered by Blue 1647, a tech and business incubator program dedicated to increasing the number of tech savvy people of color; our instructor, Amber, quelled my fears and emphasized how important it is to let my personality come through my work. I now feel more confident, and I look forward to utilizing what I’ve learned.
- After running a contest on Facebook where the winner had to guess my favorite American city, I and winner Twanda Gates, took a Helicopter Tour of downtown Chicago. The prize was sponsored by Mighty Mongoose, a company that specializes in curating exciting outings in big cities like Boston and Chicago. Rotorzen Helicopter Tours was the operator;
- THIS…I…DO…FOR…ME (TIDFM) celebrated its first year anniversary in August 2015. It’s hard to believe that an entire year of fun and growth has gone by;
- Artwork and graphic design were created for an imminent TIDFM T-shirt (to be unveiled in early 2017). Also, a logo was created;
- I announced TIDFM’s 2018 International Excursion to Athens, Santorini and Mykonos, Greece!
- I attended the book launch and release party for new author Marilyn D. Willis’ book “Winning Through Early Detection and the Beauty Behind It.” I am convinced that this book with save lives and inspire women to live their best lives despite a cancer diagnosis;
- Most excitingly, I created a group for over 200 age 50+ women. The goal of the group is to uplift, share successes and remind this age cohort that there is still plenty of beautiful life to live and EXPERIENCE!
- I booked a January 2017 trip to beautiful Atlanta, Georgia. I will have the pleasure of spending The Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend in King’s hometown with 10 cousins for our annual “Cousin’s Weekend!”
I am so excited about what is in store for TIDFM. I look forward to continuing to share this journey with you.
NOTE: Do you have suggestions for a TIDFM outing or activity? Please feel free to email me any ideas at email@example.com